Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49707 - 12/12/2001 06:42 "Plays" counter increment delay
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Right now (2.0b3) the "Plays" counter is incremented after 5 seconds. This is having the undesired effect of marking songs while I'm manually seeking or parsing through playlists or large random lists (if I can't look at the display I sometimes have to wait more than 5 seconds before hitting next).

Would it be feasible to have this delay at least increased? I don't feel comfortable giving a number, but something like 30 seconds I think would be more appropriate.

The best would be a percentage of the total song length. And even better would be if this was a config.ini entry so people could change it.

Bruno

#49708 - 12/12/2001 08:12 Re: "Plays" counter increment delay [Re: hybrid8]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
cross-posted from another thread for convenience

This was asked for in another thread that I can't seem to find in a search for some reason. I agree. The best solution proposed (not by me) was:

Increment "plays" only if you've listened to 3/4 of the song
Increment "skipped" only if you've skipped it before 1/4 of the song has played.

At least I think that's how it went. 1/3 and 2/3 would work as well. Times Skipped isn't currently implemented anyway, but it allegedly will be Real Soon Now.

#49709 - 21/04/2002 22:18 Re: "Plays" counter increment delay [Re: tonyc]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
After doing a search on this subject and coming up empty-handed, I thought I'd revitalize this one.

Any chance of getting something like this implemented? The 5 second delay is far too short. I like the percentage idea, but would happily settle for 30 seconds or a configurable length of time.